The time for heating in Redlands, CA is coming to an end as the last few chilly days shake themselves out and homeowners start preparing for the summer. That makes it the perfect time to schedule a routine maintenance session on your heater. It’s more of a tune-up than a repair session: designed to clean components and spot big problems while they’re still small for a later repair session. Ideally, you should schedule a session at least once a year to keep your furnace in the best shape it can be.
What’s involved in heating maintenance? A brief rundown of the various steps is included below:
- The technician shuts down the furnace and turns off the gas flow at the source to ensure that he works in safety.
- The technician cleans the combustion chamber and clears soot build-up on components like the burners. He’ll also check those components for signs of corrosion or damage.
- The technician checks the flue pipe, gas lines and other connections for loose fittings or clogs in their length.
- The technician will replace any filters and check the ignition system to make sure it ignites when it is supposed to.
- The technician inspects the burner, the heat exchanger and other components for any damage or signs of problems.
- The technician restores power to the system and allows it to run for 15-20 minutes, examining it for any problems all the while.
- The technician closes up the system.
The results allow you to spot any problems and schedule a more focused repair session to deal with it. More importantly, it helps the furnace run more efficiently, reducing the costs of running your heater and leaving it ready to go when the temperatures start to drop next fall. Considering the amount of dust in our desert environment, what’s involved in heating maintenance can do wonders for protecting and extending the life of your furnace. For more information, or to schedule a maintenance session, give the experts at Russell’s Heating and Air Conditioning a call. We handle all matters concerning heating in Redlands, and we won’t rest until you’re 100% satisfied!