It’s now officially spring. The weather in Southern California never obeys exactly what the calendar says, so we’ve already encountered some hot days even before March 20. But now that we are actually in the season itself, it’s harder to ignore the need to take care of your air conditioning system. If you haven’t done so already, now is the ideal time to arrange for air conditioning maintenance in Palm Springs, CA or elsewhere in the Desert Communities and the Inland Empire.
Maintenance is easy and hassle-free when you sign up for our professional maintenance program. This program includes both air conditioning and heating tune-ups during the year. Talk to one of our specialists to find out the details and benefits.
What Happens During AC Maintenance
We could go into detail about why regular air conditioning maintenance is so advantageous and the ways it makes your life easier and your bills lighter. But instead, we’re going to look into what our technicians actually do when they come to a house for AC maintenance. This will give you a better snapshot of why maintenance is an essential taskfor prolonging system life, reining in electrical bills, and making an AC as reliable as possible:
- Cleaning and replacing the filter: This is a job you’ll need to handle yourself during the summer, so let us show you exactly how to do it.
- Checking the refrigerant/Freon level: Loss of refrigerant is a leading cause of AC malfunctions and early system replacements. Our technicians will find out if you’ve lost refrigerant and adjust the level if necessary.
- Check and adjust airflow for proper temperature rise and drop: This is an important tune-up step for your comfort.
- Check and recalibrate the thermostat: A poorly calibrated thermostat is a major money waster, and it will affect comfort as well.
- Check voltage and amperage on motors: The motors in an AC are the major mechanical components, and therefore the components that wear down the fastest. If we find motors in trouble, we can arrange to have them replaced before the problem worsens.
- Lubricate outside motors: Debris from the outside can enter the condenser cabinet and place extra strain on the motors, possibly causing them to burn out. Lubricating the motors helps alleviate this problem.
- Check and tighten electrical connections: Various electrical failures are among the most common causes for AC issues. We’ll see that the connections are all tight.
There are more steps as well aside from these. But they all go toward the same set of goals: ensuring a smooth operation during the summer with minimal operating problems and maximum use of energy. If our technicians find any place where repairs are necessary, they’ll schedule the work with you so you can have the system in the best shape by the time the first summer heat strikes.
We’re currently offering an AC tune-up special: call us and you can book an air conditioning tune-up for only $60.
Russell’s Heating & Air Conditioning is here to assist you with all your cooling needs this spring and summer. We’re open 24 hours for your convenience.