Many people don’t understand how in-depth a maintenance appointment is, which is one of the reasons why scheduling a maintenance appointment can be overlooked. Annual heater maintenance involves a lot more than a quick visual inspection of your system. There are multiple steps involved, as well as thorough inspection and cleaning. To help you understand better what happens during a routine maintenance appointment, our Russell’s Heating and Air Conditioning technicians have put together an overview outlining what happens during a routine maintenance appointment.
What Happens During a Heating Maintenance Appointment?
- Thorough inspection of entire system
- Small repairs as needed (corroded/frayed wiring, worn fan belts, etc.)
- Cleaning of components, including burner assembly
- Adjustments and lubrication of components
- Inspection of components for cracks or holes
- Checking and cleaning blower
- Check of refrigerant levels (for heat pumps only)
- Safety checks, including for carbon monoxide
- Testing of system performance
What Are the Benefits of Heating Maintenance?
There are several important benefits to performing heating maintenance:
- Increased energy efficiency – your heating system was made to perform at a certain energy efficiency level. When the components are dirty and worn, your system can’t achieve this level of energy efficiency. The cleaning, adjusting and lubricating that happens during a routine maintenance appointment allows the components to operate as they should, which helps increase energy efficiency.
- Helps prevent premature aging – a system that operates with dirty, worn components is a system that operates under stress. Running a system under stress for long periods of time can result in premature aging, which may lead to early replacement. Maintenance keeps your system in optimal shape, which helps prevent premature aging.
- Prevents repairs – the thorough inspection that your system undergoes during a routine maintenance appointment allows the technician to locate and identify any existing or developing problems with your heating system. Small issues, like worn fan belts or frayed wiring, will be taken care of during the appointment. Should a larger problem be detected, your technician will make you aware of the situation. Being able to get ahead of repairs helps to prevent them from developing into large problems.
It’s recommended that you schedule maintenance for your heater in Yucaipa annually. Fall is a great time to schedule maintenance, so call Russell’s Heating and Air Conditioning today!