Have you ever noticed how pets always know the good spots in the house, depending on the time of day? We have all encountered hot and cold spots throughout our homes, but what if you could eliminate these uneven spots of cooling, and be able to achieve the comfort you want throughout your home? This is what a zone control system can do for your air conditioning.
How Does a Zone Control System Work?
With a zone control system, mechanized dampers are installed into supply vents, and each damper is electronically connected to its own thermostat, which can be controlled and programmed. You establish the zones you need, and each zone is given its own thermostat. Zones can be individual rooms, floors, hallways of your home – however you want to set it up.
Who Is a Fit for a Zone Control System?
Anyone who wants better control over their indoor comfort is a great candidate for a zone control system, but a zone control system is also good for the following:
- Homes that have varying heating and cooling temperatures throughout the day
- Homes with multiple levels
- Homes with many rooms/individual spaces
- Finished living spaces in attics or basements
- Homes with several hallways or wings
- Homes with specialized architecture (floor-to-ceiling windows, loft space, vaulted ceilings)
What Are the Benefits of a Zone Control System?
The first, and previously mentioned one, is customized comfort. But there are more worth considering:
- Better energy efficiency – a zone control system allows you to cool only the spaces you want to cool. Have an area of your home that’s unused or unoccupied? With a zone control system, you can determine how much or how little cooling a space will get.
- Less wear-and-tear on your air conditioner – when your air conditioner isn’t cooling your entire home consistently, but rather cools only necessary areas of your home, it will run less. This helps reduce the level of wear-and-tear on your system.
- Less noise from your AC – less cooling can mean your air conditioner will cycle at a lower speed, which is quieter.
Get in the Zone with Your Air Conditioner
A zone control system can give you the control you want over your cooling with energy efficiency that can save you money. Since 1980, Russell’s Heating and Air Conditioning has been helping air conditioning customers with repairs, installations and energy efficiency. Call Russell’s Heating and Air Conditioning today and schedule a consultation with a La Quinta air conditioning expert to learn more about a zone control system today.